May 27 will mark the official grand opening of the Earthlodge Village on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation. This magnificient new attraction, near New Town and on the north shore of Lake Sakakawea features reconstructed earth lodges and tipi encampment. Not only can you tour them – you can book an overnight stay in them!
Visitors enjoy hearing the stories of the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara peoples from cultural interpreters, seeing the traditional gardens and experiencing the living culture of powwows and events. Upcoming powwows not only have music and dancing but also arts, crafts and traditional foods.
- May 28-30 – Four Bears Powwow
- June 18-20 – Twin Buttes Powwow
- July 9-11 – White Shield Powwow
- July 16-18 – Mandaree Powwow
- August 13-15 – Little Shell Powwow
- August 27-29 – Nuxbaaga Powwow
- September 3-5 – Four Bears Casino Labor Day Powwow