Here’s a quick post before the weekend and then I’m off and running! Okay … that was a little inside joke. I’m heading to the Fargo Marathon this weekend where I will NOT be running 26.1 miles. Inside, I will run the 10K and probably finish about the same time as the Marathon winner!
The Fargo Marathon has been named one of the nation’s best by Runner’s World and has grown from 2,400 to 20,000 runners in just five years. Fargo will be hopping this weekend. If you’re visiting – this weekend or in the future – and need assistance with lodging, attractions or more contact the CVB.
You can even get your picture taken with the Woodchipper from the Coen Brothers movie Fargo. The real one will be at the Fargodome this weekend during race events, but a look-alike is at the Fargo-Moorhead CVB all the time!
Can’t make it to Fargo this weekend? Don’t worry. We have more opportunities to run North Dakota coming up!
- June 18 – Medora Bully Run 5K/10K
- August 13 – Pipestem Creek Trail Run – Jamestown
- August 17 – Subway Get Fit Roadrace – Bismarck
- August 27 – Badlands Trail Run 5K/10K – Medora
- September 17 – Valley City Half Marathon and 5K
- September 17 – Kroll’s Diner Bismarck Marathon